Masterclass ‘Biomass opportunities in South Africa’
During the African Utility Week, the Dutch embassy will host an online masterclass ‘Biomass opportunities in South Africa’ on November 25 , from 11:30-12:30 CET (12:30-13:30 local South African time). The masterclass is focused on stimulating the cooperation between the Dutch PPP on benificiation biomass in South Africa and local communities and companies.
- ‘Benificiation biomass residues and the Dutch consortium’ – Emiel Hanekamp, senior partner, Partners for Innovation (
- ‘Drying and torrefaction of biomass residues’ – Joris Spaan, Yilkins
- ‘Opportunities for household energy’ – Ruben Walker, Founder and CEO, African Clean Energy
- ‘Opportunities for biofuels’ –Bart-Willem ten Cate, Low-Carbon Strategist, Finco Fuel group
- ‘Certification and inspection of biomass and biofuels’ – Jordi Meijer, Managing Director South Africa, Control Union
- ‘Potential socio-economic impacts of biomass beneficiation’ – Garth Barnes, Deputy Director, SA Department of Environmental Affairs
- ‘Sustainable biomass – role and ambition of the Dutch government’ – Kees Kwant, Senior Expert Bioenergy and liaison Circular Biobased Economy, Netherlands Enterprise Agency part of Ministry of Economic Affairs
Click here to registrate for the African Utility Week.
Click here for more information.