African Utility Week
The African Utility Week and POWERGEN Africa is the leading exhibition and conference for the African power, energy and water industry. The 20th edition will be an online event from November 24-26. Over 10,000 industry professionals from over 80 countries will connect at numerous events, discover new products and services with over 360 exhibitors at virtual stands and learn from over 350 renowned experts in a strategic conference and free-to-attend Knowledge Hub seminars.
The PIB consortium Solid Biomass in South Africa will be present with a virtual booth during the three exhibition days. If you want to step by, you can reach our booth by sending a message. We will make an appointment to meet each other in a one to one session. More information will be soon available.
The Dutch embassy will host an online masterclass ‘Biomass opportunities in South Africa’ on November 25 , from 11:30-12:30 CET (12:30-13:30 local South African time). The masterclass is focused on presenting the Dutch- South African partnership to benificiate solid biomass residues and the Coega Biomass Centre as one of the first successes.
Host: Sebastiaan Messerschmidt, Consul-General of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Cape Town, South Africa
Moderator: Werner Euler, managing director, iLive Sustainable Development
- ‘Benificiation biomass residues and the Dutch consortium’ – Emiel Hanekamp, senior partner, Partners for Innovation (
- ‘Drying and torrefaction of biomass residues’ – Joris Spaan, Yilkins
- ‘Opportunities for household energy’ – Ruben Walker, Founder and CEO, African Clean Energy
- ‘Opportunities for biofuels’ – Bart-Willem ten Cate, Low-Carbon Strategist, Finco Fuel group
- ‘Certification and inspection of biomass and biofuels’ – Jordi Meijer, Managing Director South Africa, Control Union
- ‘Potential socio-economic impacts of biomass beneficiation’ – Garth Barnes, Deputy Director, SA Department of Environmental Affairs
- ‘Sustainable biomass – role and ambition of the Dutch government’ – Kees Kwant, Senior Expert Bioenergy and liaison Circular Biobased Economy, Netherlands Enterprise Agency part of Ministry of Economic Affairs
The workshop is aimed at getting in touch with:
- Municipalities interested in using their woody residues to create jobs and economic activity and minimise environmental impact
- Businesses and other organisations with access to large volumes of woody residues and an interest to set-up collaborations to valorise these residues.
- Businesses interested in using biomass products as a way of becoming more sustainable.
Register and contact us
When you want to visit our online booth or want to attend the Masterclass. You have to register first. Registration is free of charge. Click here to register for the African Utility Week 2020.
When you have registered you can search in the Agenda for the Masterclass ‘Biomass opportunities in South Africa’ on November 25 and register to attend. When you have a question about our Consortium Dutch PPP on beneficiation of biomass in South Africa, please navigate to the sponsors & exhibitors item and search for Dutch PPP. You can drop your question at the right side and we can arrange a one to one meeting. You can also contact our team members directly, by searching them on the Attendee list.
For more information, please contact Emiel Hanekamp.