Experienced Consultant Renewable Energy in Sub-Saharan Africa
Start date: in Q4 2020 or Q1 2021
- Master degree in a relevant technical, economic or business field
- Work experience: 3 – 7 years, with a focus on renewably energy in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Command of French at native speaker level, fluent in English. Dutch is a plus
- 32 – 40 hours per week
Field: Renewable energy private sector and policy consultancy projects in West Africa
Partners for Innovation
Partners for Innovation is a leading consultancy company for sustainable innovation. Together with our clients, we realise profitable solutions with a focus on sustainable energy, circular economy and agribusiness. Our work in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) involves initiating, setting-up and implementing projects and policies in the fields of renewable energy, climate, valorising organic waste streams, agri-entrepreneurship and climate-smart agriculture.
Our projects range from market and feasibility studies to assessing the socio-economic and environmental impact of initiatives, from the implementation and financing of renewable energy projects and businesses, to developing new business initiatives, projects, policies or programs, and reviewing existing ones.
Partners for Innovation was founded in 2006 and is a successful and impact-oriented organisation. We have an office in Amsterdam (Netherlands) with 17 employees and an office in Niamey (Niger) with 6 employees.
Our main driver is to achieve a sustainable and positive impact. Our guiding principle is providing real added value to our clients.
Our clients for renewable energy projects are diverse, including: private enterprises, Dutch Enterprise Agency (RVO), Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy, GIZ, European Commission, LuxDev, SNV, UNIDO, UNDP, USAID and the World Bank.
We are looking for an experienced renewable energy consultant who is capable of playing an important role in the further growth of our portfolio and team for renewable energy in Sub-Saharan Africa. This person should also have the ambition and potential to become a member of our management team. He or she should be capable of and being responsible for:
- The implementation of projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, individually or in a team with colleagues and/or external experts, acting both as a team leader and as key expert; (short term);
- The acquisition of relevant consultancy projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, in close cooperation with our teams in Amsterdam and Niger and our partners in the region (short term);
- The development of a network of (potential) clients for projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, both in the region and with international organisations (medium term);
- Setting up his/her own client base and team, and managing the implementation of projects, in line with the principles of Partners for Innovation (medium term).
We are looking for a candidate who is highly motivated to work within and further expand the team of Partners for Innovation. This is the desired profile:
- Enthusiastic, entrepreneurial and cooperative attitude
- Located in West Africa or Western Europe
- Experience of 3 to 7 years in the field of renewably energy in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Master of Science (or equivalent) in a relevant technical, economic or business field
- French at native speaker level. Fluent in English. Fluency in Dutch is an advantage
- Capable of accomplishing work under time constraints while ensuring high-quality output
- A proven track record in acquiring consultancy assignments in SSA
- Willing to spend sufficient time in our offices in Amsterdam and Niamey
Partners for Innovation attaches great importance to personal growth. There is high attention for the exchange of ideas, coaching, initiative, self-development and personal growth. The atmosphere is informal, pleasant and open. Benefits are commensurate.
Please call with Peter Vissers (+31 (6) 4260 9354). Please send your CV and motivational letter/email/vlog to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in working at Partners for Innovation or do you want to send an open application?
Contact us via email@example.com or call Peter Vissers on +31 (6) 4260 9354.